Optima II with LED socket
Hail the return of the visual warning light for audible altimeters! LB Altimeters has added a visual LED port to warn you at the altitudes you set, increasing your altitude awareness.
The OPTIMA II™ is an advanced audible altimeter with extremely accurate altitude detection. OPTIMA II™ is so accurate that it has an added set of warning beeps that can be set for a specific altitude during normal and high-speed landing approaches. This feature helps both swoopers and conservative pilots find the "sweet spot" for starting their landing sequences. We recommended that your eyesight and your experience be the primary source of determining at what altitude to start your landing sequence or pattern approaches.
You can buy a visual indicator fitted for this OPTIMA II™ model here: Europe, USA.
P/N 209001 NSN 6675-22-629-5157
- Thin, ergonomic, comfortable curved design
- Durable rubberized coating
- LCD for easy and intuitive operation
- 3 selectable warning altitudes
- 1st and 2nd warnings: Different pulsating tones
- 3rd warning: High pitched siren
- Choice of 1, 2 or 3 warnings
- Adjustable warning alarm volume
- Separate freefall & canopy flight volume control settings
- Four memory banks for custom warning settings
- Swoop warning bank featuring unique sequence of beeps to assist entering optimum swoop corridor
- Seven step warning pitch
- Easy and quick to set on the ground or in the aircraft and if the DZ elevation differs from that of the airport
- Feet/Meter selection
- Altitude selection interval: 10 Ft.
- VISUAL connection for flashing LED (Special order only)
- Displays present altitude during climb
- Built-in clock
- On/off mode
- Built-in mounting holes; fits any helmet, inside or outside
- Actual Dimensions: 2 3/16” x 1 5/8” x 3/8” [56 x 41 x 11 mm]
- Long lasting, easy to find batteries
- Larsen & Brusgaard recommends: 2- RENATA CR-2325, 3 Volt batteries